Collegiate commitments at Elwood-John H. Glenn

Collegiate commitments at Elwood-John H. Glenn photo
Collegiate commitments at Elwood-John H. Glenn photo 2
Collegiate commitments at Elwood-John H. Glenn photo 3
Collegiate commitments at Elwood-John H. Glenn photo 4

Elwood-John H. Glenn High School held a signing ceremony for senior student athletes Joe Franzese and Brett Ryan on Nov. 15. Mr. Franzese will be attending and wrestling at Columbia University, while Mr. Ryan will be attending Stony Brook University and playing lacrosse.

Family members, coaches, and district administrators attended the ceremony in support of the students’ commitment to play the sport of their choice at the college of their choice.

Director of Athletics and Physical Education David Shanahan thanked those in attendance for coming out to honor Franzese and Ryan, and took a moment to recognize the students’ excellence.

“Our student athletes are incredible, but what you see on the field is maybe 15% of their hard work,” said Mr. Shanahan. “The other 85% is work they put in behind the scenes to get them where they need to go.”

Superintendent of Schools Dr. Kenneth Bossert and Principal Carisa Burzynski also congratulated both students for their achievements, and both expressed pride in their accomplishments.

“You represent our school well, and we’re all very proud to see you continue to excel at a collegiate level,” said Dr. Bossert.