Transportation - Cleaning & Disinfecting
- ALL interior surfaces of Company School Vehicles will be sprayedm thoroughly with a Sanitizing and Disinfecting product called
Valuguard VG-G200 (EPA#6836-233,#6836-346) every 30 days.
- This product is EPA approved, and kills 99% of germs and viruses on contact, including Human Coronavirus. It is designed to dry on the surfaces, where it remains effective for up to 30 days. It is environmentally safe and non-toxic.
- In addition, every day, all high contact surfaces (handrails, seat corners, etc) will be resprayed using that same product.
Transportation - PPE & Sanitizer
- The district will ensure school buses shall not be equipped with hand sanitizer due to its combustible composition and potential liability to the
carrier or district.
- The district will ensure that the contractor enforces that school bus drivers, monitors and attendants must not carry personal bottles of hand sanitizer with them on school buses.
- The district will ensure that the contractor enforces that school bus drivers, monitors, attendants and mechanics must wear a face covering along with optional face shield.
- The district will ensure that the contractor enforces that transportation staff (drivers, monitors, attendants, mechanics and cleaners) will be trained and provided periodic refreshers on the proper use of personal protective equipment and the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Transportation - Contractor
- The district will ensure that the contractor enforces that transportation trained and provided periodic refreshers on the proper use of social
- The district will ensure that the contractor provides Personal Protective Equipment such as masks and gloves for drivers, monitors and attendants
- The district will ensure that the contractor will provide hand sanitizer for all staff in their transportation locations such as dispatch offices, employee lunch/break rooms and/or bus garages.
- The district will ensure that the contractor will provide gloves for drivers, monitors and attendants who must have direct physical contact with a child.
- Upon arrival to work at the bus yard each morning and afternoon, all contractor employees will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19.
- This screening includes verbal verification that the employee is not suffering from the CDC identified symptoms, and a scan of their body temperature using a touch free temperature scanner.
○ An oral thermometer with sanitary coverings is also on hand for verification of any reading 100.0 degrees F or higher.
- Any contractor employee who has experienced symptoms, or with a temperature of 100.0 degrees F and above will be asked to leave the
- A doctor’s note will be required to return to work.
- Contractor employees must notify management of a positive COVID result, which we must report to the State Health department for contact tracing.
Transportation - Students
- Students must wear a mask on a school bus if they are physically able.
- Students who do not have a mask will NOT be denied transportation.
- Students who do not have masks will be provided one by the district.
- Students with a disability which would prevent them from wearing a mask will not be forced to do so or denied transportation.
- Students will be reminded of properly social distancing and of safety, hygiene, and proper PPE usage while at the bus stop, riding the bus
and exiting the bus.
Transportation - Out of District and Private School
If the Elwood School District is in session remotely or otherwise, pupil transportation will be provided to the locations identified below, for students who qualify:
- Nonpublic Schools
- Parochial Schools
- Private Schools
- Charter Schools
- Students whose IEPs have them placed out of district